HIIQA Criteria / Standards
The Institute used the following process to establish current HIIQA criteria/standards:
To the next step in the process
- In March 1998, the Institute drafted an initial set of scope (inclusion/exclusion)
criteria (criteria), assessment standards/guidelines (standards), and definitions.
- In May 1998, the Institute invited a group of interested persons (representing 14
relevant organizations) to review the Institute's draft criteria, standards and
definitions, and to suggest revisions.
- In July 1998, the Institute mailed an announcement to about 1,000 health-related
associations and other pertinent organizations and individuals to announce the HIIQA and
to invite recipients to view draft criteria, standards and definitions on its web site (or
to request them by fax), to identify awards and ratings to be assessed, and to nominate
people to serve on volunteer assessment panels.
- In October 1998, the Institute presented the HIIQA at the conference Quality Healthcare
Information on the 'Net '98, and invited attendees to participate in the process
- In November 1998, the Institute finalized the initial criteria, standards and
definitions to be used in initial selections and assessments of awards and ratings.