Award for Excellence in Human Research Protection
Formulating Award criteria
Health Improvement Institute has adopted the following cyclical approach to the development and revision of Award criteria:
- In 2002, Health Improvement Institute established 3 categories of Award to be given annually to the entry, if any, worthy of the name.
- The Institute drafted a set of criteria for each Award and corresponding questions to be answered by applicants.
- The Institute sent these draft Award criteria and questions to interested participants for their review and comment.
- Members of the Award Advisory Board and Award Steering Committee commented on the revised Award criteria and questions, and the Institute finalized them for use in the 2002 award competition.
- In 2003, the Institute revised Award criteria and questions based on the following iterative sources of comments:
- Judges and other participants in the 2002 Award competition
- Interested parties who requested to participate in their formulation of Award criteria and questions
- Award Advisory Board and Award Steering Committee.
- In subsequent years, the Institute continues to use this same iterative approach to develop the criteria and question to be used in the year's Award competition, and may establish additional Award categories.
To participate in the Award criteria formulation process
To suggest additional Award categories
To apply for an Award
To judge Award applications
To participate in program
To request additional information
To provide feedback