Quality of health information on the internet (QHII)
Health Website Ratings (HWR) project: Waves of ratings
Health Improvement Institute (HII) in conducting the Health Website Ratings (HWR) project in collaboration with Consumer Reports WebWatch (CRW).
HII/CRW are rating health websites in discrete waves:
- Wave-1, Top-20 (most trafficked) health information websites
- Wave-2, Top-20 (most trafficked) diet websites (September
- Wave-3a, Re-rating of Top-20 (most trafficked) health information
websites (July 2007)
- Wave-3b, Top 3 on-line
pharmacy websites (September 2007)
- Wave-4, (Currently underway).
For each wave of health website ratings, HII/CRW currently selects websites to be rated as follows:
- HII develops selection criteria (in terms of general concept and criteria of inclusion and exclusion)
- CRW identifies the most-trafficked websites meeting HII-developed criteria (identified from various sources)
- CRW visits most-trafficked diet websites to confirm that they meet criteria.
- CRW selects the most trafficked websites meeting selection
- HII/CRW rate the most trafficked websites.
To view/read more about health website:
To view/download presentations, reports, etc
To rate health websites
To participate in QHII/HWR project
To provide feedback/suggestions
To learn more about HWR project