Health Improvement Institute, or HII, is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to improving the quality and productivity of America’s health care. The Institute is a voluntary organization; directors, officers, and advisory board members are volunteers. The Institute receives funding primarily from grants and activity fees. The Institute’s primary goal is to inform patients, providers, payers, purchasers, policymakers, and the public about available alternatives to ensure that all Americans have the opportunity to make informed health care choices.
Health Improvement Institute is committed to assessing and improving the quality of its program, projects, and processes. Primary mechanisms to achieve this goal may include:
• Review of Institute Plans by Program or Project Advisory Group Members
• Use of Structured Work Plans to Conduct Institute Activities
• Credentialing of Judges, Raters, & Assessors
• Periodic Review of Institute Processes
• Feedback from Participants in Institute Programs & Projects
Contact our charitable organization to learn more about our staff, our mission, or our awards. We recognize organizations throughout the United States and around the world from our headquarters in Bethesda, MD.